Vogue Lounge Inc. is a company duly incorporated under the laws of British Columbia with a registered and records office located at 230-8411 Bridgeport Road, Richmond, British Columbia, V6X 1R7.
You can contact a representative of Vogue by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
THIRD PARTY INFORMATION
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect Personal Information from you when you voluntarily provide us with such information. For example, when you create an account or when you contact us with comments or inquiries. Additionally, when you use the App or our Services, we also receive and store certain information from you.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you use the App or the Services we may collect the following Personal Information from you:
• Your contact information – this includes information such as your name, address, e-mail, telephone number, social security number, national identification number, and/or driver’s license number;
• Your payment information – this includes information such as your bank details and payment card details;
• Your account details – if you create an account on the App we collect information associated with your account such as your Booking history and the frequency of your logins;
• Your social media account information – if you use any of your social media accounts, such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, to access your account we may collect your Personal Information from such social media providers, such as your user name and profile picture;
• Your demographic details – this includes information such as your estimated income and occupation;
• Data from device settings – this includes information you allow us to receive through the device settings that you turn on, such as access to your camera.
• Device and browser information – this includes information such as geographic location, IP address, MAC addresses and cookies;
• Booking details – if you reserve a Work Station through the App’s booking feature then we collect the specifics of your Booking, including the Work Station that you reserved, the duration of the reservation and the time that the Booking was placed; and
• Communications – if you send us any form of written communication, we collect the text of that communication and if you call us, we may keep a record of the fact that that call occurred.
As provided above, in operating our App and providing the Services, we use a technology called “Cookies” to help provide additional functionality, analyze our App’s usage more accurately, and to facilitate your use of the App. Cookies are files with small amounts of data including an anonymous unique identifier that an application or website sends to your mobile device’s or computer’s hard drive when you are viewing the application or website. Like other applications, we automatically collect some information, including but not limited to your IP address, geographic location, language preference, date, and time of visit. This information is only collected to better serve and understand your user experience on the App.
Most applications and websites, including ours, wouldn’t work very well without certain cookies. Collecting cookies allows us to prevent crashes, display information, fix bugs, and ensure the security of the App (and your account).
If you wish, you have the option of turning off cookies on your mobile device and computer. If you choose to do so, you may not be able to view all of our App’s features and content.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We collect your Personal Information for the purpose of operating and providing access to the App and Services as well as to conduct our business. Examples of how we may use your Personal Information in fulfilling these purposes include:
• to verify and identify your credit and banking information;
• to process and complete your Bookings;
• to process and complete payment of any fees payable by you under the Agreement;
• when applicable, to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations imposed on us;
• to administer your account in the event you create an account;
• to monitor your use of the App and the Services and improve your user experience;
• to allow you to confirm your Bookings and access a Work Station;
• to allow you to take pictures using your phone’s camera while utilizing the App;
• to respond to your communications with us, including your comments or inquiries;
• to communicate with you regarding the App and the Services; and
• to analyze your use of the App and the Services so that we can better understand and improve our business. For example, to track the total number of visitors to our Services, the number of visitors to each page of our App, the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers, and how our users use and interact with the Services.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Vogue will not retain your Personal Information for longer than required. We will keep your Personal Information:
• for as long as required by law;
• until we no longer have a valid reason for keeping it; or
• until you request us to stop using it.
Please note that we may store your Personal Information in a jurisdiction located outside of Canada, including the United States. Consequently, your Personal Information may be subject to the to the laws of such foreign jurisdictions, including the United States, and accessible by the courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, or security of such foreign jurisdictions.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES?
• our affiliates, agents and business partners;
• with the third-party service providers that we work with in connection with the operation of the App and the provision of the Services, such as email or database providers and cloud storage, hosting and processing providers;
• with the third-party payment service processors, including Stripe, PayPal or Apple Pay, that we use to process the payments that you make using the App;
• if you use any of your social media accounts, such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, to access your account some of your account information may be disclosed to such social media providers;
• as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take commercially reasonable steps to notify you if we are required to provide your Personal Information to third parties as part of a legal process. We may also be required to disclose your Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including requests from national security or law enforcement authorities;
• when we believe, in good faith, that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a written government request; and
You hereby acknowledge and consent to our disclosure and transfer of your Personal Information to third parties who are located in jurisdictions outside of Canada, including in the United States. Your further acknowledge and accept that as a result of such disclosure or transfer, your Personal Information may be subject to the laws of such foreign jurisdictions, including the United States, and accessible by the courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, or security of such foreign jurisdictions.
TRANSFERRING YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF EUROPE
If you are on the territory of the European Union (the “EU”), as part of the Services offered to you through this App, the Personal Information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the EU. For instance, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws. By submitting your Personal Information and other data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your Personal Information or other data outside of the EU in this way, we shall take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Private Policy.
If you choose not to provide any Personal Information to us, you may not be able to access or use certain parts of the App or Services.
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Information is secure and protecting your Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. To prevent such loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your Personal Information that is in our possession. We also take reasonable steps to ensure that any third-parties to whom we disclose your Personal Information have implemented comparable security measures. Please note, however, that as no Internet, email or other electronic transmission is ever fully secure or error free, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us in this way.
Vogue will respect your legal rights to your Personal Information. We will, to the extent legally permitted, promptly notify you if we receive any requests from you to exercise the following rights:
The right to access | You may access your Personal Information. Please contact us if you wish to access your Personal Information that we hold.
The right to rectification | If your Personal Information that Vogue holds is inaccurate or incomplete, you may ask us to rectify it. If we have disclosed your Personal Information to a third-party, then we will also ask them to rectify the data. Please contact us if you need us to rectify your Personal Information.
The right to erasure | This right is sometimes called ‘the right to be forgotten’. If you would like us to erase all your Personal Information and we do not have a legal reason to continue to process and hold it, please contact us.
The right to restrict processing | You may ask us to restrict how we process your Personal Information. This means we are permitted to store the data but not further process it. We keep just enough data to make sure we respect your request in the future. If you want us to restrict the processing of your Personal Information, please contact us.
The right to data portability | Vogue will allow you to obtain and reuse your Personal Information for your own purposes across services in a safe and secure way without affecting the usability of your data. Please contact us if you want information on how to transport your data elsewhere.
The right to object | You may object to Vogue processing your Personal Information even if it is based on our legitimate interests, the exercise of official authority, direct marketing (including data aggregation), and processing for statistics purposes. If you wish to object, please contact us.
The right to withdraw consent | If you previously gave us your consent to process your Personal Information but change your mind later, you may withdraw your consent at any time, and we will stop processing your data. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us.
LINKS TO OTHER APPS
The App and/or Services may contain links to other applications or websites not operated or controlled by Vogue. The policies and procedures we describe here do not apply to these third-party applications or websites, nor do the links from the App or the Services imply that Vogue endorses or has reviewed these third-party applications or websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other applications or websites; we are also not responsible for examining or evaluating the content, accuracy, or safety of any third-party applications or websites. We do not warrant and will not be liable or responsible for any third-party materials or applications or websites, or for any other materials, products, services or information of third parties. We are not liable for any harm or damages associated with the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party applications or websites. We suggest that you contact those third-party applications or websites directly for information on their own privacy policies. Please carefully review the third-party’s policies and practices and ensure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third parties shall be directed to the third-party.
Last updated: 2/1/2021